Answered

Can’t select content or songs on Amazon music

• 7 November 2022
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Incidentally - I have to say that with this amazon nonsense, the absurd new problem that stops me indexing a HDD that's plugged into my router, and the way the apps are all sluggish and slow to display an update to the current track being played etc I am starting to build a picture in my head that Sonos isn't the company it was.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Are we sure this isn't a bug?

I understand Amazon have made some changes to the way music is ordered if it's on Amazon Prime. But this has impacted the music I actually OWN through amazon. The albums I have bought are listed in 'My Music' in the Sonos app but I can no longer access track listings or play them in the correct running order.

Can you play your purchased tracks/albums in the new Amazon Music app in the correct order?

Anyway, I’d recommend setting up a Sonos music library. You’d need to download your purchased music to a computer or a NAS first.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/257?language=en_US

Hi,

Yes I just started the android Amazon Music app and played music that I bought using Amazon's service and I played them in the correct order.

Amazon's change is only aimed at people who have Prime as a way to force them to upgrade to a monthly music plan. It does not- repeat does not effect the music library that you purchased through Amazon. 

And yes I would love to download them to my network hard drive but unfortunately a few months ago Sonos introduced a bug in their software which stopped it indexing drives that are connected to a router. And until they look at this problem (reported in May by someone else) is sorted my system is useless unless I fancy spending a few hundred quid on a separate NAS drive. And why should I? It worked perfectly for years and now it's broken.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

And I'm not the only one…

https://twitter.com/stephenhparsons/status/1589692783891451905?t=flFzp92BXAq7FVQdTbMdCg&s=19

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Sonos has made zero changes on their side of the equation. Therefore, it lies with Amazon to ‘fix’ this in whatever way they see fit. Unfortunately, Sonos doesn’t own Amazon, nor do they have an ability to dictate they way Amazon has implemented the Sonos API on the Amazon servers. 

What about the fact that Sonos can no longer index my music library on the hard drive connected to my router. That used to work and now it doesn't and hasn't for several months. That's something within their control isn't it? Can you send me a snippy sarcasm drenched reply to that one please?

I'm having the issue that I go to play my purchased music on Amazon via Sonos and it plays completely different songs

For example I click on a Take That album The Circus and plays everything but that. It seems to play random songs but weirdly all the songs or Albums it's playing are called The Circus!  Some of the artists it is playing don't have songs or albums called The Circus.  It is doing it to every album. When I play Amazon via earphones the albums are fine

This suggests there is something wrong with the Sonos/Amazon link. Only happened in the last month or so. I've tried changing settings/ reinstalling but doesn't work..  so frustrating!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Has this started working for anyone else? Mine still doesn't work.