Are you happy with the 3.0 update?

• 28 July 2009
  • 61 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

61 replies

Badge +4
I'm indifferent to this update. I think the new controller is nice but I don't want to spend money on it. The new icons are nice, the 'More Music' option that I get on the controller is not functional, would be nice if I could switch that off. It's interface clutter right now.

I think Sonos generally does a good job with the updates. They all install flawlessly!

Offcourse we all can think of a lot of new stuff and demand that they make it in the releases, but that's not how it works in sw or hw development.
I am very happy with my current Sonos stuff, it's worth every euro-penny I have spent on it!

Still awaiting the Iphone-app 3.0 but I don't expect any new functionalities there.

Last remark: I can hardly believe that this 3.0 does not have small bugfixes... Or is the Sonos software that good? 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge
Quite simple, lets get some numbers on all the chatter thats flying around. In order that Sonos can gauge some meaningful feedback please reply to this thread with your supporting opinions for your choice.

Is there a list of the new features somewhere? I can't seem to find a list of the new changes and things seem pretty much the same to me.
Can't seen to do this by editing the original post, can you do this with your mod superpowers?

As it turns out, I can... and I didn't even have to put my underpants on over my trousers!

Cheers,

Keith
Yeah, "indifferent" is a great description. I don't know if it's too late to edit the poll to include this.

Cheers,

Keith

Can't seem to do this by editing the original post, can you do this with your mod superpowers?

Note to self: dont post polls on forums from mobile phone.:o
Yeah, "indifferent" is a great description. I don't know if it's too late to edit the poll to include this.

Cheers,

Keith
Badge +2
It's not made much of a difference to me. I really don't like the "More Music" menu that has appeared in the middle of the main menu on the CR100 and in the music services section of the desktop controller, I already have music service subscriptions configured so it does nothing other than clutter the interface. The only other change I've noticed is the new zone icons on the desktop controller, it would've been nice to have consistency and changed the CR100 icons as well. But despite these (minor) negatives I can't honestly say I'm unhappy with the update, after all it was free and my Sonos still works as well as it always has, the problem is I can't really say I'm happy with it either, so put me down as indifferent.
I'm happy with it. It didn't take any of the functionality away that I already had, it's introduced support form some new hardware and IT DIDN'T COST ME A PENNY!!

Would I have liked some other features specific to me in it? Well yes, but that doesn't mean I'm unhappy. I've had many wonderful years of use of my Sonos system and expect to have many more before I could consider it remotely obsolete or replaceable. It wasn't cheap but it's the best value piece of electronics equipment I think I have purchased in the last 5-10 years considering it's longevity and how darn good it is.

Under the circumstances I feel that if I had complained about being "unhappy" that would make me an unreasonable, selfish, and ungrateful idiot.

Cheers,

Keith
Never underestimate the joys of posting via mobile phone! Done!
I'm very happy, if only to offset the people who are, were and never will be happy, at least until Sonos runs their shower, cooks them breakfast, and drives them to work (after which we'll hear complaints about burned eggs and a heavy accelerator foot).
You should turn the thread into a poll.