App feedback 8.2

• 14 November 2017
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

I shouldn't need to know anything about software development cycles as I am the consumer and I am complaining that the software product they have released is awful. The new app is horrid and confusing and makes the whole Sonos experience a true battle to find anything. It used to be a well designed app, now you cant find anything without going two screens deep. I haven't heard that any changes are coming, I have an open ticket with them and they have not asked me what I don't like nor told me that they are working on it. If you want some commentary on what's wrong, look at the user forum it's filled full of unhappy persons complaining about the new release and wanting the old one back. If you can't roll it back then make it work like the old one did and put an advanced button on there with the new interface. This isn't a case of a couple buttons got rearranged, this is more like the whole user interface was redesigned with no regard to how people use the app.

Whether the app is fit for purpose to you has nothing to do with how often or how fast you can expect them to issue modifications. The two are simply not related. You can complain all you wish about the deficiencies of the app, Sonos is welcoming that feedback and promises changes. Doesn't change the fact that you must wait for a series of design, development, testing, and release phases in order to get them, and there are releases already in the queue before them. The clamor for changes does not dictate the speed at which they arrive, the two are not, nor should they be in your mind, related to each other, unless you wish for even worse software over bad.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Still, look on the bright side. All those updates to look forward to.

And according to the infinite monkey theorem, one of them will be awesome. 🙂
Badge +1
found that the app has become slow.When you want to change the song in the Play list, it takes some time before it performs.Is it only me who experience this? I have the same issue.
Might be worth posting your case number here, to allow the forum moderation folks to get in touch with the support folks to figure out what happened, and get you back on track.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I just migrated to SonoPad and Sonophone, very happy great interface
Some people really need to learn about software development cycles. :8
I don't know how a restaurant works, but if they bring me cold food or the wrong order, I tell them about it, and they fix it. They don't suggest I learn about the restaurant business. Sonos isn't responding to complaints.

They dont bring your fixed food before it is cooked, do they? Same concept applies.