App feedback 8.2

• 14 November 2017
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Some people really need to learn about software development cycles. :8

You're right, in that most people don't know about software development cycles. But should they have to?? Most people don't understand avionics either -- they just expect them to work.

Andrew
I can see both sides. Absolutely agree that if you don't know how software gets developed, then don't assume changes can be made easily and quickly. On the other hand, the control interface is important to a lot of people, and the frustration is understandable. I like old interface better, but I don't fully hate this one either.

I also get why people want acknowledgement that they'd been heard and dates when things will change. I respect Sonos stance on this, as the principle serves them well most of the time.
Some people really need to learn about software development cycles. :8
Userlevel 3
Badge
I was hoping the 8.2 update would address the awful user interface, but nope, it's just as bad if not worse. At this point the app is absolutely worthless unless you just want to get frustrated.
Userlevel 1
I was also hoping that this update would show that Sonos had at last listened to the vast majority of users who hate the new interface and bright white background - but it now seems clear that they have no intention of fixing these problems. I'm holding off any further purchases - I was going to get two Play 5's but am seriously considering ditching all my Sonos gear.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Ah - an update! Maybe Sonos have listened to the howls of criticism and at the very least got rid of the awful searchlight white theme…

Nope. The only obvious visual feature is at the top of the (too bright) now playing screen, which hints at something behind it and moves the drop-down button to the centre.

One thing’s for sure - until they sort the ruined app out I’m not buying any more hardware. Come on Sonos, listen to your followers and take your collective head out of your arse.