Android Apple Music Re-authorise workaround

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

26 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Nothing should happen - the system/services settings are stored on each speaker (nothing is stored in the Sonos App, which is just a ‘remote’ for your Sonos system). So even if you switch off ALL, the AM service should continue to work on your speakers as it does now when you power the speaker/router back on.

Hi Ken,

Yeah, it shouldn’t, but it does “drop away” if you move location to a  different wifi.

I take my speakers to another address often, and end up having to reauthorize on a new wifi.

So, unless I have an ios device with me, its likely I wont be able to reauthorize the APPLE MUSIC.

If you visit different locations simply add/store the WiFi credentials on the speaker - you can add them via the network settings/‘manage networks’ area of the App to the speaker.

I have several such WiFi locations added, as shown in the attached screenshot… never had to reauthorise the installed services when using that method. A Roam/Move can hold up-to 16 different WiFi networks.

Should be the case, but its not so stable with a PLAY 1. Despite storing the wifi addresses at least half the time i end up having to reauthorize Apple Music. So it will be an issue, if i dont have an ios device with me to use work around.