Alarm speaker grouping

• 19 August 2019
  • 29 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Given that Sonos has completely buried the alarm feature, I suspect it’s dead and will not see any more feature updates. They seem to want to discourage its use.

Userlevel 1

I just ran into this issue (again) when setting wake up alarms using SiriusXM as a source.  I have been used to the PITA of setting up multiple alarms for several rooms in the morning to achieve the desired result for years now, but I just decided to change the music source to SiriusXM and ran into a huge roadblock: SiriusXM only allows 1 stream per account so when the next room starts up, it shuts off the previous room.  Nice!  what a “feature”.  Now of course I CAN play Sirius in every room in the house as long as they are grouped together and only using one stream.  Boy wouldn’t that be nice?  Of course here we are years later and there is still no way to group rooms together and then start the music.  And just to cut off the apologists: I have written my fair share of code over the years so no, there’s no way I’m going to believe an action that takes 3 or so clicks on a smart phone app is that difficult to code or implement in an alarm.

Also since I’m on the subject of alarms how about a few more features:

Please stop burying the alarm setting in the mobile apps!  On desktop, there is a very convenient “Alarms”  tab at the bottom, not three clicks away at the bottom of the “System” settings page.

Add the ability to ramp music up over the course of a variable time period:
I want the alarm to come on at say 1% volume.  Then over the course of a settable time period (say 10 minutes) ramp the music up slowly, more or less linearly (to keep the math simple) to 25% volume.

Also the ability to set up a multi-stage alarm:
The bedroom comes on at lets say 6 am.  5 minutes later, the bathroom is added to the group.  10 minutes later the kitchen is added to the group.  5 minutes later the office is added to the group.  After an hour, the music is turned off and all players are removed from the group.

As an alternate to you guys coding all that, just allow the function of adding and removing players to a group in the integration services like IFTTT.

OK, I’ve said my peace again after waiting several years although I fully don’t expect ANY of this will happen, but at least I tried.

Userlevel 1
Same here. I have speakers in my bed room and kitchen, and play ambient music in the bedroom at night. In the morning, I have an alarm set to start music in the morning, and I have to manually add the kitchen speaker after it starts. Why can’t I just include two rooms in my alarm?
Userlevel 1
Exactly what I need and expect from a alarm signal in a multiroom system like Sonos. At the moment I have to set up the same alarm signal in multiple rooms. When I wake up first step is to group the manually or it sounds like I’m waking up in a cathedral... 🤦🏼‍♂️
So +1 from me!