Answered

Airplay 2 - Only for the new Sonos One

• 5 October 2017
  • 56 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

So, I think it's finally clear now why they're updating the Connect (the FCC S15 product). They needed to add a chip to support the upcoming Airplay 2. I hope the Connect:Amp gets an overhaul too.
Thanks.

I guess a solution is always to just trash the old stuff and buy new shiny Ones 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am basically ready to buy some more Play:1 speakers, if only I knew they supported Airplay 2. So, how new is new – is play: 1 supported, or is it just, say, the Playbase and the Play:5?
Alternatively, can I mix a new One with the 1, and have both combine in stereo mode using Airplay 2?

Sonos has stated that you can't stereo pair a PLAY:1 with a ONE. Personally, I'd just wait a couple of weeks and buy ONEs intstead of PLAY:1s. My own guess is that PLAY:1 will not provide an Airplay 2 endpoint.
I am basically ready to buy some more Play:1 speakers, if only I knew they supported Airplay 2.

So, how new is new – is play: 1 supported, or is it just, say, the Playbase and the Play:5?

Alternatively, can I mix a new One with the 1, and have both combine in stereo mode using Airplay 2?
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
Hi Andy24, we haven't shared all the details on this one and will be keeping it pretty quiet for a bit as development is early on and things tend to change. For now, it'll be on a selection of Sonos players, the latest ones to have come out. We'll share more in the future as this all develops. Glad you're excited and stay tuned for more.

Wow that's a helpful reply - typical Sonos.... treat the users like crap and then release software that annoys most of their loyal customers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Andy24, we haven't shared all the details on this one and will be keeping it pretty quiet for a bit as development is early on and things tend to change. For now, it'll be on a selection of Sonos players, the latest ones to have come out. We'll share more in the future as this all develops. Glad you're excited and stay tuned for more.