Access to music library denied

• 6 March 2014
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

I'm having the same issue. My two Connect Amps work but my Playbar can't seem to play music from my Music Library on my Mac.
Hey Andrew - Just spoke with a rep. 

Go to Sonos preferences, then the Date and Time tab. From there make sure everything is configured correctly (time zone, time, date, etc). It was something to do with the latest updates between the two where the time and dates needed to match with the Mac. Expect a hotfix soon - but that is honestly the weird quick fix. Let me know.
Hey Andrew - Just spoke with a rep. 

Go to Sonos preferences, then the Date and Time tab. From there make sure everything is configured correctly (time zone, time, date, etc). It was something to do with the latest updates between the two where the time and dates needed to match with the Mac. Expect a hotfix soon - but that is honestly the weird quick fix. Let me know
I'm having the same issue. My two Connect Amps work but my Playbar can't seem to play music from my Music Library on my Mac.
I have been having a similar problem. I just updated my controller to 5.1.1 and running on OS X Mavericks, and ever since I could not access my iTunes library. I've had my Playbar for 6 months with no problems, but the update seemed to cause some interruption. I rebooted my wifi router, my Sonos Bridge, and my PC, but got no further. No firewall, checked sharing / security settings, and even the Computer Name it was accessing. Nothing has helped. PLEASE ADVISE  
Userlevel 3
Badge
Mine works in all rooms but one. In my kitchen it says "denied access" to music folder, but in all other rooms it works. My kitchen is the newest playbar. Other rooms are old components.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Mine does the same despite my firewall being off. My music is stored on an external drive connected to my computer and it still denies access. This Sonos is proving to be more trouble than it's worth. DISLIKE!!!
Hi Jill,

We're happy to help get that sorted out. Have you tried the steps in that guide? Are you able to submit a diagnostic from your system and send us the confirmation number?

Thanks
Mine does the same despite my firewall being off. My music is stored on an external drive connected to my computer and it still denies access. This Sonos is proving to be more trouble than it's worth. DISLIKE!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello User431290,

After an operating system change you do need to remove and re-add all of the shares that computer has to your Sonos system as the computer would have removed all of those settings. It sounds like you've already done this though, did you get an error message when you added the library?

There is a guide here which can help adding that library, please follow the steps here.

Can you please submit a diagnostic from your system and reply back with your confirmation number?

Thanks.