A linux controller is needed.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

258 replies

Just found Janos, a Java based Sonos controller which worked direct on my Ubuntu 12.04 system. https://sourceforge.net/projects/janos/ Not yet feature complete, but it works!
I use a PC with Widows 7, but many of my friends still have PCs with Windows XP. As you know that OS becomes obsolete when Microsoft stops updating Windows XP, next April 2014. Eventhought my friend's older XP PCs are old by today's standards, they still function well, and they are planning to change to Linux Ubuntu, instead of trying the often futile update to a more demanding OS, such Windows 7. and pity the thought of buying new PC with < choke > Windows 8. I feel that it's well about time that your company offers a SONUS app through the Ubuntu Software Center, established long before the Apple app store was a figment of Steve Job's imaginatiion. Come on, what are you waiting for?
The day they create a native linux version ill buy one connect:amp for my bathroom. Though I dont think I want to expand my system further if they do not support us with linux. I only have linux on my home server and I do not plan to install windows just because sonos fancy that...
maybe it's all been said but I think this is a great idea for those of us ditching our mac/windows machines and going linux. please either develop the desktop controller application for linux or release the api so that someone else can do it for us. thanks.
Userlevel 1
Badge
The wish for a Linux-controller is clearly there, still, of the top twenty-list in the 'ideas' - section the topic is the ONLY ONE without any status notification. Shame on you, Sonos.
+1 vote for Linux controller. Perhaps there's still this stigma against Linux that it's for a selected group of nerds, but with the rise of amazing Linux desktops and their use by casual users, there is clearly a need for a Linux controller. I think releasing the API would be a great alternative.
Please think about it. People that use Linux based distros, usually are the geekest among their firends. And they are the onces that friends consult on technology based products. So If a geek has Sonos and is very happy because he can run it on his linux base computer, he will highly recomend it. 🙂
Give us a web interface at least.
Guys, I can't believe that you want to ignore us. We are the 99 percent!
Guys, you cannot just ignore the linux community.
We are the 99 percent and we are requesting a solution!
Do something please