A linux controller is needed.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

258 replies

Userlevel 3
There is an api, but I'm not sure it does controls. I think it's more for music connection purposes, but maybe someone can clear that up?
Shame on you, Sonos... You have a great range of products which run Linux at their core. You should feel a moral obligation to give something back to the open source community, having profited so much from it. At the very least, publish an API. Some clever geek will turn out an Alpha release of a Linux controller overnight.
It is disappointing that SONOS hasn't ported their controller to Linux. Of everything I do on my desktop, there are only to pieces of legacy software that I have to return to Windows to run. Netflix and SONOS. I've gotten around the Netflix with Google TV, but SONOS I can only access with my Android phone. I'm sure this results in my using it far less than I would otherwise. Hope they are making some profits that I can invest in this valuable capability.
+1 to a native client
A native Linux Sonos Controller would be excellent.
Userlevel 2
Sonos Controller 3.6.1 was the last version that runs under wine. Since upgrade to 3.7, then 3.8, now 3.8.3, I can no longer control our Sonos system from any of our computers. We bought 4 Play:5 units, so have spent $2,000 on a system that is now trouble to operate.

This international company can't assign one engineer to debug Sonos under wine and get it working again? This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Need working Linux controller.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Wine is no more able to manage the last version of the "Sonos Controller for PC". So having a official Sonos Controller for Ubuntu/Linux become mandatory. If the control run by using a web browser, and a server on a Sonos Zone Player or Sonos Zone Bridge, it will be acceptable (of course) and flexible for other kind of devices.
Userlevel 1
This would be great! With a linux controller every single computer in our home will be able to control the Sonos. Please build one!