13.4 Update - Thanks, Sonos!

• 16 November 2021
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 7

Tried playing DVD and Blu-ray with DTS but on the app it shows “Stereo PCM” and not 5.1… My setup is Arc + Sub + 2 x Play 1, and with LG TV 49SK8500PCA. Just wonder if any expert here has an idea? Thanks!

What are the audio settings on the Blu-ray player and TV set to?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Tried playing DVD and Blu-ray with DTS but on the app it shows “Stereo PCM” and not 5.1… My setup is Arc + Sub + 2 x Play 1, and with LG TV 49SK8500PCA. Just wonder if any expert here has an idea? Thanks!

What are the audio settings on the Blu-ray player and TV set to?

Forgotten to check as I was in hurry this morning… Will check it tonight, thanks for your reminder! 

Perhaps first check your Blu-Ray player supports the DTS codec and is outputting in that format in its sound-out settings. Next check that your TV will pass the DTS encoded audio through its ports. Note some TV models may pass-through the codec, but only to its Optical Port -  check the TV user manual and online, at places like rtings.com, to see what your TV supports.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Perhaps first check your Blu-Ray player supports the DTS codec and is outputting in that format in its sound-out settings. Next check that your TV will pass the DTS encoded audio through its ports. Note some TV models may pass-through the codec, but only to its Optical Port -  check the TV user manual and online, at places like rtings.com, to see what your TV supports.

Thanks a lot for your kind advice!! :)

Playbar Gen 1 Works ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Anyone else notice the haptic feedback when using the volume control on an iPhone. :sunglasses: