13.4 Update - Thanks, Sonos!

• 16 November 2021
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I’m very curious to see how DTS Digital Surround will sound compared to multichannel PCM on my Arc when watching DTS-encoded Blu-ray discs. After I test, I’ll post my experience.

Make sure it's a DVD then 😜 Blu-rays have DTS HD Master audio which isn't supported and multichannel pcm 5.1 would sound better converted from DTS:HD than standard DTS would found about 15 years ago. 😋

Userlevel 7

I’m very curious to see how DTS Digital Surround will sound compared to multichannel PCM on my Arc when watching DTS-encoded Blu-ray discs. After I test, I’ll post my experience.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

It's a step in the right direction, I just don't understand why if they implemented DTS, why DTS-HD couldn't be added, but hopefully it will come at a later date. Shame the EQ isn't on Android either. 

I imagine DTS-HD  isn’t implemented due to some combination of licensing costs, development effort, and maybe content availability.

Yep, sadly no idea on licensing costs for codecs but would assume that would be the issue. Implementation wouldn't be a problem and as for formats it's their main codec these days found on all the latest Blu-ray disks etc. Standard DTS is mainly used on DVD's. 

Shield converts it all anyway so no biggy. Haven't had a chance to test yet, but hoping it may fix the bug where it's outputting as multichannel 7.1 when should be 5.1 and fixed the slightly lower volume when doing so. 

It's a step in the right direction, I just don't understand why if they implemented DTS, why DTS-HD couldn't be added, but hopefully it will come at a later date. Shame the EQ isn't on Android either. 

I imagine DTS-HD  isn’t implemented due to some combination of licensing costs, development effort, and maybe content availability.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Great to see, wish they would hurry up with iphone 13 support!