What Have I Done?

• 13 December 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

I’ve been using Sonos for 8 years now, with 10+ devices, and never had any issues. I have always had either a bridge, or hardwired one speaker into my router. 

I purchased a mesh WiFi a few weeks ago, and upon initial setup, everything on my Sonos network was working great. I had hardwired one of my speakers into a node that was being used as a bridge. Within the last few days I’ve been having all sorts of troubles with my Sonos. Today, my iPhone shows all my devices present, but my iPad only shows 4 devices. My surround (setup as basement) says that it is not configured, and one of the speakers does not play anything. 

I realize that this is probably having to do with the mesh setup (which I have since uninstalled), but I have no idea how to get things back to the way they were. 

Any help would be appreciated, as I’m at my wits end!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It’s often a duplicate ip addresses problem. Unplug all Sonos devices from power. Reboot your router and wait until it is fully restarted with wifi running. Power up your speakers, one at a time. Try this and let us know how it goes. 

Badge +2

It’s often a duplicate ip addresses problem. Unplug all Sonos devices from power. Reboot your router and wait until it is fully restarted with wifi running. Power up your speakers, one at a time. Try this and let us know how it goes. 

Did that. All my speakers are now visible (on both my iPhone and iPad). I have one Play One hardwired into my router, and it’s reading WM0, all my other speakers are WM1 (except for my surrounds and sub, which are WM2). So is only one of my speakers using sonosnet, and the rest are on WiFi?

Yes, your system is in a mixed mode, one connecting to SonosNet, the rest to your wifi.

Follow this guide to remove wifi credentials and to switch all speakers to SonosNet. You may have to reboot the system afterwards, as described by nik9669a for all speakers to show.

However, do not “disable wifi” for each speaker in the app (System → Products → Products). I only mention this, because I have seen some doing so, but that will eliminate SonosNet.

Badge +2

Follow this guide to remove wifi credentials and to switch all speakers to SonosNet. You may have to reboot the system afterwards, as described by nik9669a for all speakers to show.

However, do not “disable wifi” for each speaker in the app (System → Products → Products). I only mention this, because I have seen some doing so, but that will eliminate SonosNet.

When I go to network through my app, I can see my network, but I do not have the option to remove.  When I tap the network name, it briefly highlights, but nothing happens  

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Do you have any Moves connected?  If so turn then off

Badge +2

Do you have any Moves connected?  If so turn then off

Turn off by unplugging?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

For the Move you have too long press the power button. 

Badge +2

Turned off the Move. Still when I go to Networks, I see mine under “In Use”, but can’t do anything with it. 

Badge +2

I unplugged the Ethernet from the Play1 that was connected to my router.  When I did that, the speaker disappeared from my system.  I unplugged the speaker, plugged it back in, and it still wasn’t recognized.  I did a factory reset on the speaker, and now it’s connected to the system again.

I’m still hoping to use SonosNet (although I’m not quite sure why...). Any suggestions as to why I cannot remove my WiFi credentials???