Answered

Unrleliable Connect: Amps - cutting out

• 30 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So we have a number of Sonos boxes; a couple of S2 Connect:Amps and Connects, play:1s and now a Beam & Mini Sub.

Everything was pretty stable until the summer, when the amps started glitching.  Some days fine, sometimes all over the place.   I am not sure what suddenly made these unstable - a random software update on Sonos or the wifi router, or the amps getting too hot in the cupboard they are in.  (Could this make this happen?).  They sit next to each other on a shelf feeding remote ceiling speakers.

The other boxes work fine.

I have tried all sorts of things; moving wireless router away, restarting everything, resetting, wriing differently.

We have a TP-Link X20 mesh router of 3 boxes (one of which is (was) near the amps.  The amps are wired to a Netgear unmanaged switch.  The amps are wired to the switch.    (I read that mesh networks could impact performance - but it all worked fine for about 2 years.)

They do the same thing, whether using Sonosnet, or the wifi network, whether streaming from external sources, or the NAS library.

Could it be a hardware fault?  (On both boxes?)

icon

Best answer by ratty 30 November 2023, 11:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

You’ve apparently been through the obvious troubleshooting steps, apart from the usual recommendation to reserve fixed IP addresses for all Sonos kit, NAS, mobiles, etc.

It sounds like it would help for Sonos Support to take a look at the internals, including the temperature. Submit a diagnostic within 10 minutes of a glitch, note the confirmation number, and give them a call.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

You’ve apparently been through the obvious troubleshooting steps, apart from the usual recommendation to reserve fixed IP addresses for all Sonos kit, NAS, mobiles, etc.

It sounds like it would help for Sonos Support to take a look at the internals, including the temperature. Submit a diagnostic within 10 minutes of a glitch, note the confirmation number, and give them a call.

Hmmm, no I haven’t tried reserving fixed IPs.  I’ll try that.

Okay, see how you go with that first. The symptoms are consistent with a potential IP conflict. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Okay, see how you go with that first. The symptoms are consistent with a potential IP conflict. 

Unfortunately this hasn’t solved the problem.  I guess I’ll raise with support.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

This sounds like this issue https://en.community.sonos.com/components-and-architectural-228999/sonos-is-forcing-people-to-buy-new-hardware-as-they-ve-broken-the-connect-amp-and-they-refuse-to-fix-it-6888610/index3.html?postid=16698137#post16698137

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks.  Yes all the same.  Bloody irritating! (My family hate me)