Skip to main content
Answered

Troubleshoot wireless setup which cuts / skips with Spotify?

• 21 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi there,

As many as other users, I’m experiencing audio issues with my Sonos system. I use it only with Spotify. I don’t have any local media library and other services. The songs skip or stop but counter still playing in the app. I can happen 3 times in 10 minutes but can be also stable for a whole day.
I know there is an issue with Spotify but I would like to be sure it’s not wireless interference.
I’m pretty sure it’s not but I’d would like to have no doubts. 
I called the customer support few weeks ago (before finding the Spotify thread I mentioned earlier) I have been told that my wireless setup could be the issue because I’m using the same network on both bands and I have several access points. My wireless setup is based on Ubiquiti APs. 
All the Sonos speakers are wireless (3 Sonos One SL, 1 Move).
All the APs are wired. The UniFi controller reports that all the sonos products are connected to the 5 Ghz  (except the Move which is weird because it’s as the same distance from the AP than one of the One SL). The WiFi experience is 100% for all of them. I’ve also used my laptop at each location to see if I was experience packet loss. I was not. 

Is there any utility, logs I can use to find if one of the Sonos products is experiencing connectivity issues that the UniFi controller would not show. 
One more thing I would like to understand? Do the Sonos products need to connect to each other or only the main one? What’s the SonosNet for ? Is it in use if all the products see the router perfectly? 

Thank you in advance.

In the UniFi controller, is there a “UniFi AI” or “WiFi AI” feature that you can disable? Does disabling this feature improve your Spotify connection?

@GuitarSuperstar, I have disabled it for a while now. (WiFi AI).
Thank you for the suggestion but I guess it comes from something else. 

Do you have all of your One SLs wired? Have you tried just wiring one speaker to the main router with an ethernet cable?

None of them are wired. I’m gonna tried to plug one with ethernet and see. 
But it won’t help me to find which ones have some issues with the connections (if any). 
Sometimes everything works for a day without issue. 

Ok even with only one OneSL running wired. It still occurs

The logs report : `Unable to play '<song title> ' - the connection to Spotify was lost`

Hi @juneshima 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please try the following steps:

1. Log into the UniFi controller.
  2. In the Settings tab, click Wireless Networks.
  3. Click Edit next to the network SSID.
  4. Expand Advanced Options.
  5. Uncheck Block LAN to WLAN Multicast and Broadcast Data.
  6. In the Settings tab, click Sites.
  7. Disable Auto-Optimize Network.

I hope this helps.

Screenshots

image.png

Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 13.03.04.png

Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 13.14.56.png