“There was a problem setting up your Sonos Move. Our Customer Care team is ready to help”

• 25 December 2020
  • 5 replies

I’ve had the Sonos system running for years. I’ve had the Move attached for a long time as well.

This morning, the Move was not showing up in the app. After doing a Factory Reset and going through the Add Product process, I get the error message listed in my subject line “There was a problem setting up your Sonos Move. Our Customer Care team is ready to help”. 

The Move is still listed under System as Sonos Move, Not registered.

I have gone through the Factory Reset process several times, with this same result.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @cshinn66 

Have you made any changes to your network recently. Changed network name or password, routers, added range extender or access points or switched your ISP.

No network changes.

Userlevel 7

Then I suggest you contact Sonos support. Before you do run a diagnostic and post the reference ID in this thread.

Diagnostic number is 530455901

Experienceing same issue. Completely removed / reset entire system after trying to re-add 2 Move speakers. No router or network changes. Diagonostic number 1722986908. Get same message on both speakers.