Spotify unstable when starting tracks

• 22 September 2021
  • 29 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Badge

I have tried using the Sonos without the Boost a couple of times now, once before I tweaked the Mesh channels* and once after, neither made any difference as far as I could tell.

I currently have the boost and one Play:1 both connected via ethernet. They are about 3 feet apart, this was suggested by Support yesterday to boost the Sonosnet broadcast. It seemed to fix things for a while but a couple of hours later and again this morning we seem to be back to square 1 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There is a problem with mesh networks in that they regularly change frequencies if they detect interference.  As a test, can you disconnect the boost and wait a few mins and retry.  If the problem persists, can you connect one of your Sonos players to your router via an ethernet cable and retest.

Badge

No. To the best of my knowledge the only WiFi being broadcast is from the mesh nodes.

(we have a printer that broadcasts a direct connection network but this has been switched off for weeks while we try and resolve this issue) 

(the only other potential suspect might be the Roku+ stick which I understand uses wifi to connect to the remote, but should be on the same channel as the WiFi not Sonosnet... I guess given its location the issue we're having would need to be with "Fire Room" Connect) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Do you have any other hubs? e.g. Phillips Hue