Answered

Sonos speakers not playing together

• 26 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello. I have 2 Play One SL and 2 Play:5.

I have been using them for the past 7 months with no problems.

Since last week I cannot group my 2 Play One SL to play together.

I can group all the other rooms but for some reason when I try to group the 2 Play One SL I get this message: “unable to connect speaker. please try later”.

Both speakers work independently and I am able to play music separately. The problem starts when I want to group them together.

I have also tried a factory reset but to no avail.

I have submitted diagnostics and the number is: 2138763499

Can you help?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 26 January 2021, 20:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @dan2sky

Welcome to the Sonos community, and thank you for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you out on this.

Based on the diagnostic, shows audio dropout due to sync errors, dropped room that may cause other speakers to disappear or not responding in the Sonos app, and wireless interference was detected in your Sonos system and it's caused by poor wireless conditions. Wireless interference can occur when two or more wireless devices compete for the same WiFi space.  You can also find instructions on how to reduce wireless interference in our short video. There's also slow network communication between your Sonos speakers and your router.

Let me suggest refreshing the network connection and your Sonos to check if this will make any improvements.

• Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    1. Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power.
    2. Wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    3. Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power.
    4. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    5. Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    6. When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
  • Group your Sonos speakers.
    1. Observe your Sonos system performance.
  • Hardwire one of your Sonos speakers to your router (not your modem).
    1. Observe your Sonos system performance.

If the issue is not fixed after performing the steps above, I recommend contacting our phone support team with your full network setup including the make and model of each device to further look into this. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you. 

Hi Rowena.

All sorted, thanks for your guidance.

I also think part of the problem was due to the 2 speakers being connected to 2 different Velop towers. I use a Velop wifi mesh system and now both of them are connected to the same tower and all is working.

Thanks!:thumbsup_tone1:

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @dan2sky, thanks for your response and for updating us. I’m glad that your Sono system is working again after following the steps we provided. Please continue to monitor your Sonos system. If you run into any issues, please feel free to let us know. We’ll be glad to assist you.