Sonos Port to Denon AVR S750H - Digital Cable Question

• 31 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi - 

I’ve just bought a Sonos Port to plug into my Denon AVR S750H receiver -- but I see that the Port seems to have digital cables with RCA-style plugs, and my Denon has an optical cable. Is there some sort of adapter I can purchase that allows me to go into the optical audio-in on the Denon so I don’t have to sacrifice another input? 

I’m not real knowledgeable about these interfaces, so I’d appreciate any recommendation you might have. 

Thanks!

Steve H.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Unless I’m looking at the wrong Denon you have an RCA Coaxial input next to the two optical inputs.

https://www.denon.com/en-us/product/av-receivers/avr-s750h

Thanks for the response. Is that still a digital signal coming in, or is it analog? And will that matter?

Much appreciated,

SteveH

Digital Coax is the same as digital optical, it is just a differnt mode of transport.

Thanks, all. Does anyone know if Sonos has fixed the problem with digital input on the Port yet? I’m getting terribly distorted audio still. 

I appreciate the info.