Sonos Play 1, trying to find parts to repair

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Disclaimer:
Please be advised that Sonos will not honour any claims (both in-warranty and out-of-warranty), for devices that are tampered with. Opening your device(s) will void any eligibility for replacement of your device(s), for claims both free of charge and those for a fee.

please be advised Sonos is unwilling to consider repairing parts that knowingly fail, such as the motherboards. While it can be fixed for a few bucks, the BEST Sonos will do is ask you to send back the speaker and give you a 30% discount on the same product, WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE a refurbished product. This is a great business model for Sonos, and completely unfair for the consumer, hence the bad reputation that is starting to swell within the Sonos community. I can rely on Sonos for building a good interface and speaker, but can’t think of a poorer customer service experience. My speaker could be repaired for a few dollars, yet their best offer is a replacement for 30% off the original price. It’s silly. 

Badge

I have two blown components on the motherboard. I can't see any other blown components on my board.
Anyone knows what the components are?

Best regards
Patrick

6f0f8ae4-c5bc-4820-8b31-10c2835e7668.jpg

21ed1f38-67c3-4084-8e27-0e34aa3985e9.jpg

Hi! I have exactly the same components blown in one of my play:1 too. Did you manage to fix it somehow?