Sonos Move wont charge right out of the box

• 13 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Bought a brand new Sonos Move from Sonos. (already have one) and upon setting it up it does not seem to charge. It has been on the charging ring for 6 hours and the red/amber charging light is just flashing. I tried putting it on my other Move charging ring but no different. Very frustrating… Any tips on how to resolve this? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Challer.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number for us to monitor your Sonos move.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply. I can’t get the new Sonos Move to add to my system, so not sure how I would submit a diagnostic report. 

When I took it out of the box and put it on the charging ring, the red charging led just continues to blink for hours, never changing or charging. When I take it off the ring and try to power on, the white LED lights up for s few seconds then shuts off and it is dead. There is not enough battery power to allow it to be found by the app. I have about 9 Sonos speakers on my system and have never had issues.

I have another Move and so I even tried to charge this new one on that charge ring, but the same result. 

Is there another way to submit a diagnostic report, if I cant add it to my Sonos network?

Thanks,.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Challer.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

The information you provided is very clear and we are investigating this kind of issue that the move is not charging and it's flashing red nonstop.

Even isolating the docking station with a different charger.

Apparently, you need to contact our phone support team so that they can help you further on the next step.

Just to save some time, once you call them that the Move battery light flashing red and it doesn't charge at all.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Challer.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Glad we can help.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.