Sonos keeps dropping out and losing connection

• 4 August 2018
  • 34 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Also having the same issue: Diagnostic Conf #: 1770772928. Beyond frustrated!

Hi there,

Your diagnostic report doesn't show a whole lot as your controller isn't connected to your Sonos system. Please try the steps in this guide to get reconnected to your system.

If that doesn't help, try temporarily wiring in one Sonos unit to your router with an ethernet cable. This should simplify things and show us where the communication issue is by eliminating the wireless variable.
Same problem here. Most of Saturday setting and resetting my Sonos Ones. I used to sing their praise, now I certainly wouldn't recommend them to anyone, at ieast until they sort out the connectivity issues. Come on Sonos get a grip.
The great majority of connectivity issues have to do with local issues in the local network, over which Sonos has absolutely no control. Perhaps you might submit a diagnostic, much like the previous person did, and be able to get some guidance from Sonos on how to correct the issues you’re experiencing with connectivity. And, in the tiny chance that there is something wrong with the Sonos speakers themselves, it would likely show up in that diagnostic, and you could jumpstart the replacement process.
Badge

So sad to be back reporting that despite adding the Sonos Boost the drop out problem has returned. 

@Jeff S, any chance you can see what this new code means? 

diagnostic code: 1724179389

My fear is that it’s the same thing as it was last time: Google WiFi traffic and generally poor network management on behalf of that system. 

Thanks in advance. 

NOTE: this seems to happen most when I listen to my turntable through a Sonos Connect, and not so much when I stream music through a service like Amazon or Spotify. All music comes through the same two Sonos One units. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@jhcovert Thanks for the update. There’s still a lot of wireless interference showing in your report. This is causing many communication errors between your players. The Turntable unit shows the most wireless noise, and is likely using the most bandwidth if you’re streaming a line-in source. See if there’s anything specific near that unit that could be causing interference, or see if you can move the Connect.

Also it’s a good idea to check the compression settings for your line-in connection. Setting it to compressed should help in case the line-in source is using too much bandwidth.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Any chance you can wire any of the devices to Ethernet to get the traffic off the SonosNet WiFi?

Badge

@Jeff S  - turns out our home security hub is located beneath the turntable and Connect so I'm going to be experimenting in trying to relocate things. While I appreciate your helping in this matter, is there not a way for the consumer to do a little more informed digging and troubleshooting? i.e. is there a way for us to decipher the diagnostic codes on our own or is this something that can only be looked at by Sonos? 

@Stanley_4 - I have a Sonos Boost wired into the system, so theoretically that should provide the same results, no? 

Badge

@Jeff S - that is incredibly helpful!!! Thank you. 

This way as I move equipment around the space I should be able to see in near real time if there’s any impact to the signal level and noise floor. 

I’ll keep you posted. Thanks again. 

Same issue - 323649842

Along with many other unresolved Sonos issues. Always same response from support, “Your network is the issue”