SONOS is terrible

• 23 October 2022
  • 51 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

51 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So, call Sonos, accept you might have a network problem and let them help you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Submit a diagnostic, log the confirmation number and contact SONOS Support.

@Manu84 What part of this advice didn't you get?

DFTT.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@beynym 

I don’t understand which specific network setup does the Roam requires to work stable and errors free, I mean, at least 2 days of continuous playback without stopping, skipping, any single audio  dropout, and that every time I want to use it I feel confident that everything will work beyond fine, that’s what I want. I don’t rely on my Sonos Roam for being so unstable and I’m about to return the unit, blame my network, but please don’t blame me as a user when I’ve been contacting Sonos support and they didn’t help much and they don’t work during weekends     

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@beynym 

I don’t understand

Indeed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

DFTT.

You're right. But he amuses me.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

After more than 8 months, after replacing my Roam once again, after getting in touch with Tech Support and being told to contact my provider TotalPlay and setup my router which I don’t know and I don’t think anyone in my home knows either and is willing to change just because my Roam has unstability issues,      I keep having these unstability issues with my Roam: music cutting out regardless  of the Music Source, Apple Music, Spotify, even AirPlay stops playing randomly, Alexa, Sonos Voice Control, and chiefly,  Google Assistant work  very unrreliable, and even with Bluetooth there are audio dropouts for 1 second every 15 to 20 minutes or so. 
No network issues at all, no wireless interference, everything, Absolutely Everything else works rock solid in our Wifi network at home, my iPhone 11, my iPad Pro 11 inches 2nd gen, my HP laptop computer, my Alexa Echo 4th gen speaker, my Android Huawei M5 Light tablet, my sister’s MacBook Pro, and all the rest of devices such computers, TV game consoles and phones. I think my network Equipment which consists on        a Modem with 2 antennas,   a TPLink device and a repeater upstairs 40m away from the TV room, are providing us enough signal for everyone at home to work and enjoy our daily life without Absolutely any issue,      and nothing has changed, nothing at all, not even my neighbors, and nobody understands here that if just 1 device has connectivity issues is not a network issue, it’s an issue with the device itself, and a family member who’s a computer programmer with a lot of knowledge about IT  explained it to me.   
Now, I invested on a 250 dollars speaker just to have playback issues and music stoppages? OMG!  This is ridiculous        

Stay away from Sonos products , they have major connectivity issues. Their tech support team will tell you that you’re having issues with the internet provider, router etc… BS

They are not compatible to a regular household router in the US so therefore you’ll have a constant headache.

STAY AWAY!!!

You seem to have posted the same thing in multiple threads. Apparently, you’ve either got a bad unit, or have not been able to resolve your network issues. I’d recommend that you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss the issue you are experiencing. 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

There are hundreds of thousands of these units sold, since they were originally released in October of 2021, yet no groundswell of complaints. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@RayO, thanks for your advise, the Sonos Roam is also a very unrreliable product, I’m gonna si how to get rid of this expensive paperweight that only is making me angry    

Your relative with “a lot of knowledge of IT” should be able to resolve this.

@Manu84 has been claiming he either has or is going to get rid of his Roam for months now, yet he's still here repeating the same mantra.  Plus he's been particularly nasty in an almost stalking level of PM contacts.  Despite being repeatedly asked to stop his harassing ways, I finally had to limit my PMs to only posters I follow, something I've never had to do before in 15 years of posting.  Bottom line:  He's a troll, don't feed him.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@buzz, do you think I’m a technissian to fix network issues? Do you think I bought my Roam to study wireless interference and networking? You’re wrong.
First of all, I bought my Sonos Roam thinking that is an excellent product and it would work entirely errors free, this is not true at all. 
Now, I’ve asked for help very nicely, here and even with Tech Support; Nobody, Absolutely nobody, not even Tech Support had helped me out nicely to set up  my router for me, understanding that I’m a person with vissual disabilities and that it’s difficult for me to look at the printed models and manuals of my network hardware, and warrantee me that this will effectively Work. Everybody have yelled at me to fix my network rudely and said that I blithely ignored the advices given to me when this is not true at all           

I’m afraid that we cannot offer any additional help because this requires more information and system access than is available through this Community. I suggest that you work through SONOS support or have someone come to your location and work through the details.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

buzz, Nobody can come to my location and fix it for me, I already paid $4500 pesos for the speaker, and I need a warranty that this will effectively work to pay that extra Mony. 
I have several cases with Tech Support, they’re asking me to split the 2.4 and the 5G bands, set the channels, and nobody at home knows networking, nor even me; 
And in stead of annoy me and tell everyone that I’m a troll you should think twice what are you gonna post before telling it here in front of everyone on this thread. That’s Embarrassing and disrespectful          

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Manu84 I can see you are disappointed your purchase. But this is so not right:

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@106rallye, What are you talking about? I was kind initially, it’s not fair    

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Just one last time then. I have given you advice, in my own spare time, to try and help a fellow Sonos user. I am not obliged to help you. The fact that my advice has not helped you is unfortunate. You can say what you want about the quality of my advice but “You suck” says something about me that is unwarranted. And that says something about you……

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@106rallye DFTT.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@106rallye and  @beynym,  You know what? I don’t want to discuss with you anymore, I’m fed up. One of two:  either you help me to fix my network, or I get rid of my Sonos Roam, how? I don’t know, That’s it. Don’t you even  yell at me to fix my network, I’m gonna discuss it with Tech Support. meanwhile, I don’t recommend Sonos Roam to anyone     

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@106rallye, What are you talking about? I was kind initially, it’s not fair    

“It’s not fair” 😀😀 made my day 💀

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I do think this might be getting out of hand…..

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct - picture with swearing in it removed

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I’ll go away, seriously; Thanks for not helping me at all. 
Have a good one and buy for now; I’m done  

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Bumper, it’s not even funny. If you want a laugh, ask Google Assistant to tell you a joke  

I do think this might be getting out of hand…..

Hence the reason I had to limit my PM’s to people I follow.  The poster just couldn’t

stop harassing me, even after repeatedly being asked to stop.  

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct - removed quoted picture with swearing