Answered

Sonos is playing but no sound from any source

• 12 April 2021
  • 32 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Good luck.

BTW I have also set up a separate Sonos network using a Boost, but that was also unreliable.

Removing the WiFi details from the system did not help? On iOS or Android: From the Settings tab, tap System > Network > Networks. Select the WiFi network you'd like to remove, and tap Remove. Subsequently wait about 10 min, then go to 'Settings → System → About my Sonos System' and see if WM:0 is being displayed next to each unit (the Move will remain at WM:1).

If 'Auto channel' is enabled in your router/Eero mesh, then disable it and set a specific channel, either 1, 6 or 11. Change also the SonosNet channel ('More --> Settings --> Advanced Settings --> SonosNet Channel') to either 1, 6 or 11. That means when e.g. SonosNet is set to channel 6, put your router on channel 1 (or vice versa). See also Reducing wireless interference.

Badge

No, sorry, I do not have a separate SonosNet  now. I did in the past, but it was so problematic I upgraded my home WiFi to eero pro 6 and put Sonos on that instead. It has been better, but still random problems like this 

Badge

My fourth attempt to chat with a live agent has failed. I remember the glory days of Sonos when you could contact support on Twitter and get a response within 10 minutes.

Badge

Attempt #5 to get through to a live agent on the Sonos “24/7” chat has also failed.  Back to one of my original questions - what happened to Sonos?

Badge

I was able to fix it for now, without any help from Sonos “support.” Here’s how:

For each component not playing:

1. unplug from power, wait.
  2. plug back into power. Wait until it rejoins.
  3. Add it to group that is playing. It will play audio for a second or two, then go silent.
  4. Ungroup it again, then add it back to the group again.

So, an ad-hoc fix for now. Just want to point out that when I went to bed last night it was working fine. Nothing else has changed on my network.

Sonos is the only device on my home Wi-Fi network that behaves like this. Everything else, from computer to Roku to Peloton, behaves consistently. 

And again, five unsuccessful attempts to get through to live support.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @HarvE, sorry to hear you’re having such trouble getting through to an agent on chat, it does look like it’s been a bit busy today.

Is there any difference in the status LED between the speakers which do play, and the speakers that don’t? I had a quick peek at a recent diagnostic from your system and a few of the devices were showing as being muted - if this is the case then they should have a green status LED.

Edit: Saw the most recent response after posting.

Glad to hear you’ve got the issue sorted out, however you certainly shouldn’t be having problems like this regularly, and it may still be worth getting in touch with the Support Team to take a closer look, and try to identify the underlying cause.