Answered

Sonos is playing but no sound from any source

• 12 April 2021
  • 32 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

It isn't random. The solution to your problem will probably be to wire a Sonos device to your network so as to trigger SonosNet.  That is usually the most robust way to run Sonos with a mesh.

I could have helped you to resolve this issue but I shall now leave you in the capable hands of Sonos Support. 

Badge

BTW I have also set up a separate Sonos network using a Boost, but that was also unreliable.

Badge

Eero is a mesh system. My entire Sonos system is on it, and it works well until it randomly does not.

I am now waiting for 30 minutes on chat for a live agent for the second time

And regarding my network - I have an eero Pro 6 home network, and none of the other devices attached have any problems ever. 

And how many of your otber devices belong to systems that require constant communication between numerous devices? I am not suggesting that there is anything faulty with your network, just that there may be something in the way that Sonos and your network interact that is creating a problem. 

Is the Eero a mesh system?

Do you have a Sonos device wired to your network or is everything on WiFi?

Badge

And regarding my network - I have an eero Pro 6 home network, and none of the other devices attached have any problems ever. 

Badge

Yes, the speakers are not muted. Yes, I ungrouped them and tried individually. An update: it plays on two of the components - Move and One. It still does not play on any other component, grouped or ungrouped.

Regarding Sonos unreliability - I am a long time Sonos owner, and I can only tell you about my experience, which is increasing frequency of anomalous behaviors over time, and the decrease in the quality of support. I waited for 30 minutes for a live agent on chat and gave up.

Hi. It hasn't become unreliable. There will be an explanation that is specific to your network and system. 

Please can you confirm that when the speakers are ungrouped and you try to play to them individually, none produces sound?

The speakers are not muted?