Sonos devices registered to an unknown account that isnt mine

• 18 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I've owned my Sonos system for around 6 years but have recently bought a Play 1 to connect. I have a Connect Hub, and two Play 3s. I use the S1 app as they are older devices but when I go to add a new device it asks for my login for an email address that is nowhere close to my own "s***e@gmail". Im baffled as to how this has happened and am incredibly confused on what to do. Please help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Assuming you have bought a pre-owned Play:1 as you write (and not a new Sonos One), reset it and try to add it again.

Sorry, the Sonos One is actually in the post but the issue is when I go to add anything I get stuck with this screen... 

*Moderator note: Image removed to protect personal information.*

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Alxmoore17.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

The first thing you need to check is if your main email address is to log in to the controller you're using now.

Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android go to Settings » Account (your account should be here)

If not open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.

From the Settings tab, tap System >> Transfer System Ownership and follow the prompts.

Make sure you reset the speaker before adding it to your existing setup assuming the speaker is a pre-owned device.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.