Question

Sonos app won't connect

• 10 February 2021
  • 1 reply

My Sonos devices connect to my laptop and one of our 2 phones. When we try to conect to the app on the other phone in our house after the latest app update, it will not see the Sonos system. Specifically, the app gets to the ‘connect to an existing system’ option. when selected, it does not see the Sonos system, although laptop and the other phone do. When the infinity/ play and volume up buttons are pushed as directed, the phona app goes thru ‘conecting to system’ then acknowledges that it is connected to the Sonos system. However, as soon as I press ‘Done’ to progress forward into the app/controller, it takes me back to the screen saying ‘set up a new system / conect to an existing system / learn more about sonos’, and the process repeats. Any guidance on what is making the app loop thru the connection process without ever getting to the controller?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Do you perhaps have any firewall, or security/vpn software installed on the phone that might be blocking access?

Also check & ensure the phone is connected to the same local network as your other devices.