Answered

SiriusXM problems....AGAIN

• 29 October 2021
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Badge +1

I received a call today that signals what I suspected may be going on - they said it has been escalated and worked on, and at the core - was an issue of copyright etc. issues.  I suspected as much.  

I’ve had Sonos products in two households for almost 10-yrs, but am new to the Community.

I am plagued by the same problem discussed in this thread.  That is:  Sonos keeps dropping SXM, with error messages like ‘song not encoded correctly’, ‘incorrect encryption’ etc.  I see this problem has bothered others for a long time.

Sonos:  Any idea when this problem will be fixed?  It’s extremely aggravating.  Thank You.

Badge +1

I’m experiencing this a lot recently as well.

Any update on this issue?

Badge +1

Hi @opustv 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for the diagnostics - we are currently investigating an issue whereby a fraction of SiriusXM listeners are unable to play reliably on their Sonos systems, and diagnostics are exactly what we need.

So far, “corrupt file” messages have been reported, so your diagnostics may shed more light on the matter - be assured that I have already shared them with our engineers, and one is already taking a look.

Thanks again!

In the meantime, you may be able to work around this if you have an iPad or iPhone by playing on the device and then AirPlay-ing to Sonos.

Any update on this?  I’m experiencing this a lot recently.   Thanks

I’m experiencing this a lot recently as well.

Any update on this issue?

Did you speak with the technical support team about your issue, as it seems the issues were only happening to a fraction of user accounts and the suggestion above from Staff was to make contact direct. It may help if you’re experiencing the issue a lot to share any information you have by speaking to the Staff.