Answered

SiriusXM problems....AGAIN

• 29 October 2021
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

SirusXM on Sonos uses completely different servers to push data to the Sonos system than they do for other apps and web locations. It’s possible that while they’ve fixed one set of servers, they’re still working on others. And probably 

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/7/22822332/amazon-server-aws-down-disney-plus-ring-outage

has a bit to do with all of it, too. 

Attempting to access SiriusXM through Sonos and received the following error message: SiriusXM is experiencing a full outage.” Very curious since I can access SiriusXM on my computer and on my phone SiriusXM app, but not through Sonos. What is up with that??

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @kjoh0604 

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who will gather some information from your system. Please be aware that you will not receive steps to fix it, but you will be helping us figure out what the problem actually is. Thanks.

I am getting the same error message as well when trying to play Siriusxm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @opustv 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for the diagnostics - we are currently investigating an issue whereby a fraction of SiriusXM listeners are unable to play reliably on their Sonos systems, and diagnostics are exactly what we need.

So far, “corrupt file” messages have been reported, so your diagnostics may shed more light on the matter - be assured that I have already shared them with our engineers, and one is already taking a look.

Thanks again!

In the meantime, you may be able to work around this if you have an iPad or iPhone by playing on the device and then AirPlay-ing to Sonos.