Question

Problem with Sonos Port RCA output / Need a retailer for repair

• 20 October 2022
  • 0 replies

Badge +1

I have what seems to be a really basic problem with the RCA output of my Port. Probably a simple soldering problem. Music don’t play on the left side. When I shake the cable/input, sometime it starts to work back and then sounds stop. At first it worked great for weeks before the problem come back, but it slowly kept doing it more and more.

This seem a really really common problem and anyone familiar with usual analog amps and cables can figure this out. So I chat with Sonos guys and I spent 2 hours with them doing tests/sending pics that solved nothing. Now they want me to call them so they can continue their tests by phone so they can figure this is actually a simple soldering problem or something related to the physical port itself.

They never f*****g bothered recognized it could be a simple soldering issue. All they want is to figure this out with more tests. with the RCA and they tested everything, but could not just aknowledge that it could just be a simple soldering issue. 

BTW, I checked all the other component related to my port in other contexts (without using the Port) : cables, turntable, preamp, amp all works perfect. I isolated the problem to the RCA output of the port. 

Don’t have more time for this. Want to find a reseller or other peeps that can repair it. Any recommendation ?

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.