Answered

Playbar suddenly not playing TV audio - Still works with streaming.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Paul:

The issue still persists.  I submitted a diagnostic for my system.  The problem is now intermittant.  This morning I had no TV audio from the playbar, and later today the TV audio worked from the playbar.  I have had to change the TV audio out to include BOTH tv speaker and Playbar because otherwise my wife will kill me for having an expensive sound system that does not work.  

At first I thought this may be the TV, but two things do not make sense.  1) It works sometimes, and an update for the TV would have likely killed the audio output, and 2) When I use the remote control when the playbar is NOT working with TV audio, the volume up command does not result in Playbar responding with an LED confirmation.  When the playbar is working, the volume up on the remote does result in an LED confirmation from the playbar.  

I can see the volume going up and down on the TV so I know the command is working.  

Thanks

Patrick

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Patrick Turner.

Thanks for submitting a diagnostic and for your immediate and detailed response.

I would like to share with you based on the diagnostic submitted, it indicated that the optical cable connection between the Playbar and the TV is not being detected. I would suggest trying to unplug and plug the optical cable from both ends (Playbar and TV) if the issue persists, try using a new optical cable and see if it helps.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,