NAS recommendations

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Can’t help you do it but look for the setting to enable SMB v1 and after a reboot it should work with Sonos.

Check their support anbd forums for help on finding the v1 setting. SMB v2 or v3 will not work for Sonos so don’t worry about them.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
I have 2 NAS devices, one of which hosts my Sonos library. My Netgear ReadyNAS has been pretty solid in the 4 years I've owned it. Only issue is that whenever it updates it switches from SMBv1 to SMBv2, and I have to reset it using a plugin app - the main interface doesn't have that option, but there's an app in their store that lets you configure SMB more precisely. Still debating a switch to a Raspberry Pi NAS with a firewall blocking access from anything except one desktop and my Sonos devices.

Can’t help you do it but look for the setting to enable SMB v1 and after a reboot it should work with Sonos.

Check their support anbd forums for help on finding the v1 setting. SMB v2 or v3 will not work for Sonos so don’t worry about them.

Hello, 

In short and if i get it right, you enable SMBv1 on the Ravpower FileHub N300 (i am not sure of the exact model), connect an external drive to its USB port and then SONOS will recognize it and be able to see and play all my files on the HDD music folder. 

It sounds like a much cheaper and simpler solution compared to a rasperry or odroid setup. hope i did not miss any crucial point. 

Hello and thanks for the reply,

In short, if i manage to enable SMBv1 on a (ithis is supported for sure on filehub) and connect an external hard disk it will be recognized by SONOS system?

Let’s hope it is that easy :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Couldn't find any details on the innards of the FileHub so I wasn't able to compare it to the Pi above which was my original intent with the post above.

If anyone knows the FileHub CPU type, number of cores, RAM that would help.