Intermittent chirping/squeeking sound on all my Sonos speaker (at the same time) (S1 System)

• 26 December 2020
  • 27 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your response.  Regarding your advice:  “Remove the Sonos Bridge out of the equation and replace it with your Sonos Play 1.”  I was not entirely sure which steps  you wanted me to follow to replace the Bridge with the Sonos Play 1, why it has to be the Play 1 and not my Play 5 or Soundbar and if it could be any Play 1. 

In any case - I disconnected the Sonos Bridge. After that I tried to rename the Google Wifi routers.  But they were not connected any longer.  I had to go through an entire factory reset of all access points. After all set and done and I reset my Network, I used an Ethernet cable to connect the S1 to my Netgear switch.  The S1 was discovered and I was able to reconnect all my Sonos players. So far I have not head of any chirping sounds and the Wifi signal seems to be stronger from the access points as well. So that’s all great!

I didn’t play around with other network settings at this point.  I hope that everything is working from now on.

I submitted another diagnostic report under: 1375325843. 

Would you mind checking that one to see if there is anything that is not configured correctly?

Thanks for any help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Cloridrix.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks fort reaching out to us and for submitting a diagnostic. Allow me to share some information to help out.

Based on the submitted diagnostic, It shows that you are using Google’s mesh system  and still have the Sonos Bridge connected via ethernet cable. Allow me to share some information and recommendations to help out.

I would like to recommend try to remove the Sonos Bridge out of the equation and replace it with your Sonos Play 1. Once done, try to observe if the issue persists. I would also like to share some information regarding mesh system for Sonos to work seamlessly.

I would suggest reaching out to the manufacturer of the mesh system so that the mesh system can be configured in bridge mode or access point mode or which option best fits your preference (the main objective is to disable the mesh from generating their own IP-address).

• Have each access point have their own unique Wi-Fi name as so you and your mobile controller do not get confused about what and where to connect to access your Sonos system.
  • Disable Wifi Capabilities of the Main router that provides connection directly to your ISP or internet provider.
  • Disable the DHCP or IP-address generation of the Access point and only allow the main router to generate the IP-addresses to avoid IP-address mismatch or IP-address duplicates.
  • Wire a Sonos device to one of the routers/access points to get them to stay on a single network (having each access point have their own unique WiFi names).

Let me share with you a topic in this community that discusses multiple routers. You can share and ask questions or comments on that topic if something is not clear. 

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks,