Answered

cutting in and out - but only on Amazon UNLESS I ask Alexa to play the same thing!

• 23 September 2021
  • 41 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

41 replies

Badge

Just tried that but no difference for me, still stutter on the PLay1’s only and only when selecting music from Amazon

Badge

The other thing I noticed around the same time as this issue occuring is that quite often I get messages saying that Amazon music is streaming on another device, when trying to start on Sonos.

Not sure if related or of anyone else had seen this also??

YES! mine does exactly the same, about 20% of plays will tell me Amazon is playing elsewhere

This does point to local communication errors. I think it unlikely it is linked to an update. If a generic bug had been introduced in an update there would be hundreds of posts about it by now.

@jamescodefour and @Spence189 , are you operating Sonos with a wired Sonos device (SonosNet mode) or with everything on WiFi?

Badge

This does point to local communication errors. I think it unlikely it is linked to an update. If a generic bug had been introduced in an update there would be hundreds of posts about it by now.

@jamescodefour and @Spence189 , are you operating Sonos with a wired Sonos device (SonosNet mode) or with everything on WiFi?

All on WiFi but I have tested using SonosNet with just 1 PLay1 hardwired. Same problems. I get the same issue if I move all the devices into the same room with the wireless AP in the same room. I have test my WIFi throughput and looked for overlapping channels. My AP support DCS (dynamic channel selection) which looks for competing channels near by and swaps accordingly. I’ve also fixed channels and tried two different brands of AP. As mentioned this issue came out of the blue around 10 days ago.

I have an identical problem which only occurs when playing Amazon Music in a multi-room scenario on Play 1's.

It started a few weeks ago with Sonos 1, I recently bought a Beam, upgraded to Sonos 2 and the problem persists. All Play 1's have been updated. 

Interestingly it doesn't seem to occur with mono recordings (see early Rolling Stones) and the first two tracks of Sam Fender's Seventeen Going Under play fine, it's not until the 3rd track (Aye) that the stuttering begins. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It may be the lead device in your group.  When you create a group within the Sonos App, the first device co-ordinates the synchronisation across all of the grouped players.  If possible can you test this by ungrouping all players and then selecting either a wired player or one closest to your router.  Make sure that is playing okay and then add the devices to that player.  Let us know if this improves things.

Badge

Thanks, I’ve just tested this and the first speaker alone works fine, as soon as I start adding more in the issue begins. I’ve got a high end access point that I’ve placed in the same room as all the devices, I’ve also swapped out this access point for a different one, and tried just using the Wi-Fi built into the router. I’ve run some Wi-Fi tests, there are no overlapping channels in the area and my access point support DCS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Are you able to connect one of your Players via an ethernet cable and then remove the wi-fi credentials?  This will create a Sonos mesh network and may be better than an AP.

Badge

let me try that now

Badge

no joy, same issue. Only with Amazon Music though. If I ask for the same album via Alexa or anything like TuneIn radio or even Sonos Radio its just fine

@Richard_51 are you a UK Amazon HD user too? I am….

I have changed my streaming preferences on the Amazon App to stream “standard” def bu the issue persists, However I wonder if this is taken into consideration when using the SONOS app?

I am not totally sure but I think not.

Do you experience the skipping problem if you play to Sonos using the Amazon Music app rather than the Sonos app?

I am having similar issues with a play3 and play1 group.  Does not matter if I only have one speaker streaming or am streaming to both.  I get through one song fine and then the stutter starts.  This just showed up within the past week after years of no issues.  Impacting only Amazon music.  There has been a change… by the way this is an S1 app issue.  Have not looked at S2

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

no joy, same issue. Only with Amazon Music though. If I ask for the same album via Alexa or anything like TuneIn radio or even Sonos Radio its just fine

I've flagged to Sonos to investigate your diagnostic. Probably best to wait for their investigation now.

Badge

@Richard_51 are you a UK Amazon HD user too? I am….

I have changed my streaming preferences on the Amazon App to stream “standard” def bu the issue persists, However I wonder if this is taken into consideration when using the SONOS app?

I am not totally sure but I think not.

Do you experience the skipping problem if you play to Sonos using the Amazon Music app rather than the Sonos app?

Thanks John, but the Amazon app only allows you to send music to one speaker at a time, not multiple. 

Then group the other speakers. 

Badge

Then group the other speakers. 

how is this done, I can’t see how within the Amazon Music app