Question

Connect:Amp - Mesh Wifi - Sonos App connects to wrong node and will not see Connect:Amp

• 2 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I have several Connect:Amp(s) wired via Ethernet directly into my Calix Fiber mesh router. This mesh router also is broadcasting a wifi 6 signal as 1 of 2 mesh access points. The other 1 AP is upstairs. They are both using the same SSID.

From the router, all of my Connect:Amp(s) are on the network with a white LED light showing. If I can get my cellphone using the Sonus S1 app to connect to the main router wifi signal, it can see the Connect:Amp(s). When I walk upstairs and the Sonus S1 app seamlessly connects to the other mesh node and voila, the Sonus S1 app no longer sees my Sonus system and i have to follow the threads to reconnect after a router change.

Besides downgrading to a non-mesh WiFi; using separate access points with separate SSIDs, what can I do?

TIA

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @kish8675309.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

• Are you getting an error message when the app doesn’t see your Sonos system?
  • Kindly verify the controller details such as the OS version?
  • Have you tried to test using a different controller?

Kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will also help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

NOTE: Normal menu directions do not apply when in this state. Usually, there will be a More Options button, then you can Submit Diagnostics.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Thanks @Annazel S 

Error I receive is ‘No Sonos system can be found on this network’.

I use (2) controllers: Android 8.0 on Samsung S7 Edge, iOS on an iPhone 8s. I am able to recreate the issue with either controller.

To prove my theory, when I unplug the other mesh node, meaning there is only one wifi AP to connect to (main router), either of my two controllers work. The App sees the Sonos and it works just fine. Until we figure out how to use it with a mesh network, this is my workaround. I will reply next with the diagnostic report#.

@Annazel S 

Take a look at diagnostic report# 584125223 and let me know if you see anything.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @kish8675309.

Thanks for the reply and my apologies for the delayed response.

Upon pulling up the diagnostic report, it only shows the Android controller’s connection, this is a diagnostic that only contains data from a Sonos Controller without the presence of any Sonos products.

At this point, I would need to check your network set up and how Sonos is running on your system.

• May I have the make and model number of any wireless router and/or Access Point that exist on the network?

• Please indicate also how these devices are connected to one another (wired or wireless).

You may also check this thread about using an access point for more information:

https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/sonos-across-multiple-access-points-6767222

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.