Cannot see group in device list help

• 6 November 2021
  • 32 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Same problem- frankly for the cost of Sonos and being a well established product they should be able to make the groups you create in the App visible in Spotify or other mainstream apps.  People here seem so defensive of Sonos when there’s a clear lack of function! When you think of how many people are playing Spotify through Sonos it shouldn’t be too much to ask - it’s a bit of API work not rocket science!

This seems to me an impossible request. I cannot conceive of any way that Sonos could do this, and probably not Spotify either. 

Spotify Connect can detect devices that are Spotify Connect enabled. User defined groups are effectively just shortcut buttons for adding specified speakers to temporary groups in Sonos and don't exist in any form that Spotify can detect.

These groups don't appear in device lists because they aren't devices.

This request makes no sense to me and my money says it will never happen and probably can never happen 

Airgetlam

They are set up in the sonos app. Like I said, no problem. 

The problem is that I can't see the groups in spotify etc. 

It’s probably a case that the ‘Connect’ software and/or Sonos API hasn’t caught up with the Sonos grouping features yet - so I guess it needs to go forward as a ‘feature request’- the Staff here usually pick up such suggestions and pass it along to the Dev Team to consider. I’ve not seen that much call for it, but would like to see these things put in place too.

Airgetlam

They are set up in the sonos app. Like I said, no problem. 

The problem is that I can't see the groups in spotify etc. 

Hi Ken

Thanks Ken but that doesn't answer my question.

Groups should appear in device lists in other apps like spotify. 

If they don't I will have to open the sonos app every time I want to play something on a group. That doesn't seem right. 

Make sure these ‘groups’ you’re setting up are in the Sonos software. Sonos can’t ‘see’ groups set up in  Amazon or Google’s software. 

Perhaps see if this link helps - the groups you create are shown at the top of the ‘grouping’ page in the App (next to the ‘Everywhere’ group):

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3391