Answered

Boost Previously Set Up Now Unrecognized “Not Connected” Error

• 7 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi folks, I am trying (and failing) to get my system to recognize my Sonos Boost.

The Boost is not a new device. It has been used by this network before.

I have been running my Sonos system on my regular Wi-Fi router network, but I want to go back to using my Boost.

My system:

Four Sonos Ones

Sonos Beam

Sonos Sub

Sonos Boost

My wireless router is an Arris. It has two distinct bands, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. 

• Which Sonos devices do you already have? Four Sonos Ones, a Beam, Sub and Boost
  • Is one of them cabled to your router? Not when I am running in standard mode, but yes (Boost only) when the Boost is providing the network.
  • What is the make and model of your router? Arris TG1682
  • Do you use any WiFi Extenders? No (unless you count the Boost as one)
  • Which controller device are you trying to do this from (where is the app installed)? On my iPhone. I use the original Sonos app.

Error message: Not connected (See screenshot)

Steps taken:

1. Tried to add Boost via S1 app; followed all instructions 
  2. Checked that ethernet cable was working properly (it was)
  3. Ensured my iPhone, the controller device, was on the 2.4 GHz band
  4. Rebooted Arris router and the Boost
  5. Ensured speakers were working properly on Arris network to rule out network difficulty
  6. Checked the app “About My System; the Boost does not appear
  7. Reset Boost (a likely unnecessary step, but I couldn’t think of anything else to do.)

Result:

The Boost is not recognized and I cannot see the Sonos subnetwork. My system is currently operating in wireless mode through my Arris router. 

Boost on its own

I have seen it mentioned somewhere about the Boost sometimes inadvertently sets up its own network. Not sure if that happened here, but I was unable to understand the instructions provided for that instance. 

If someone could give me very plain step-by-step instructions for how to get the Boost recognized. I would appreciate it.  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by ratty 7 January 2022, 09:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Temporarily wire one of the speakers (not a surround or Sub attached to the Beam). 

Wait 5 minutes. 

Wire the Boost as well. 

Factory reset the Boost. 

Add the Boost.