Answered

Bad Sonos connection, what to do?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

37 replies

Where is the Amp situated? Is it in some closet, away from the living room?

How far is the living room Deco M9Plus from the two OneSLs?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you very much for your answers. I think that this is a 5 GHz issue because the Deco M9Plus is just between the 2 One SLs...

Thank you very much. Should I call them or wait that they reply here?

I would call them, or perhaps chat online, once you have the diagnostic reference. You might also want to consider toggling ‘OFF’ the WiFi on the Amp and then try toggling it back ‘ON’ to make sure it is definitely working, as that is used to communicate wirelessly (over a 5Ghz Ad-hoc connection) with the two surrounds (ideally).

Just to add a bit of color, and hopefully not confusion, surround speakers and Subs in a home theater room do not connect to the standard ‘SonosNet’ signal. When in the home theater configuration, they use a separate 5Ghz channel to connect to the ‘root’ of the home theater ‘room’, which, if I can understand the original post, is an Amp in this case. But it would be the same with a Sonos soundbar too. So additional sources of interference could be affecting the connection of your surrounds to the ‘front device’ of your Sonos home theater setup. 

Back to @John B ’s excellent assistance…..

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you very much. Should I call them or wait that they reply here?

As this has arisen 'overnight' and worked previously it may be a hardware fault. It would be worth submitting a system diagnostic after this has happened, and contact Support with the confirmation number. 

Or it might just be a temporary glitch, in which case you might want to power everything off and on again. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

TPlink Decos are my WiFi Mesh system. They work without any problem

Also, do you have wireless enabled on both the TP-Link and Deco?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Normally, when you buy the 2x One SL, and include to your system, they become first individual speakers. 

Then, you have 3 options: 1) use them individually in separate rooms, 2) create a stereo setup (LR), or use them as surround speakers with Sonos Amp (Dolby 4.1 in Sonos).

When I try to attach them to Sonos Amp without ethernet cables, the App cannot finish the setup, and they disappear from the App’s menu.

If I attach them via ethernet cables, it works…

Previously, I had Play 3s, and used them without any problem with Sonos Net wifi. I changed them to Sonos One SL (bought on February), they worked also for a while but today I could not do the surround setup without ethernet cable attachment.

When trying to do a surround setup, they got lost…

Could you be a bit more precise about what this means please?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi John B,

Thanks for the reply.

In summary, Sonos Amp does not see the One SLs when I try to make a surround setup.

Individually, if there is no surround setup, they work (Sonos App sees them). When trying to do a surround setup, they got lost…

When putting One SLs also on ethernet, everything works.

WiFi is not disabled…

Sorry but I don't think my brain is up to taking that all in  but I will just say that if you have any surround speakers connected by Ethernet you should remove those cables, especially if the main HT device is wireless.

If you have set any of your wired devices to have 'WiFi disabled', please re-enable that setting.