Autoplay turntable connected to Five not working

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

I have the same issue I think because my Preamp doesn't have an auto power off, it's always on. There is therefore always a line in signal. If I have played Spotify and want to use autoplay for my turntable, it doesn't work! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks for your reply, @Veloweave. What I would say is try to pause the music first when playing from Spotify then play your turntable so when Sonos detects a signal is being sent to the Line-In port it will automatically play Line-In audio. Let us know if this helps. Thanks!

Badge +3

@Krishma M 
I am setup correctly as confirmed by the Adjust Line-in setting page you referenced. So what I’ve found is that if I power off my phono preamp each time I’m done listening to the turntable and then of course power it back on when I want to listen again then the Sonos Five will automatically power on and play music. However, if say I am listening to the turntable and then I decide I’d like to stream music via Spotify or a Sonos Station, and then if I want to go back to vinyl the autoplay does not work. I either have to go into the app and choose the Line-in or perhaps power off/on the pre-amp again.

What’s annoying about this is that digital music can easily overtake the Line-in but not the other way around. I’d like for the turntable to take over the speaker when I drop the needle onto a record but that doesn’t appear to be how it works. Am I missing something?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Veloweave, thanks for reaching out. It should automatically play Line-In audio when Sonos detects a signal is being sent to the Line-In port. Can you please try to check the article about Adjusting Line-In settings and make sure the Autoplay setting on your Five is turned on. If it’s turned on already, disable and reenable it again, and check if there’s any difference. Let us know how well it goes. Thanks!