Answered

Android S1 app crashing on a variety of search tabs.

• 25 September 2020
  • 54 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

54 replies

Hello,

Same issue here also, this morning. I use S1 for everything. Have tried reinstalling. Search tabs like artists are fine but searching via podcasts, stations is crashing my app. Same for other Android users in house like me. App seems OK on IOS devices in house.

Please help. Looks like a platform bug?

Thanks,

Ben, in UK

Hi, yes same issue here. I use both s1 and s2 for Seperate systems.

i have s1 installed on android and iOS devices the crash only occurs on the android device. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but issue persists. Crash occurs when searching podcasts, genres, station. Regards Spike in the uk

I have a similar problem on a Pixel 4a that just picked up Android 11. I have a mix of mostly S1 compatible stuff with one or two S2-vapable devices.  The S1 app crashes as soon as I try to search for podcasts amongst other things. I wiped my storage and cache and force stopped the app and when I reconnected the problem recurred. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @dementedbuddha.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I would like to start off by sharing with you the Sonos app requirements to better understand what version or operating system does Sonos need to work. If all information on the guide is met, I would like to ask if we can check the storage capacity of your device as it also affects app performance. I would also suggest try controlling Sonos using a different mobile controller and check if the issue persists or have different behavior when using a different mobile controller. I would also consider uninstalling and re-installing the Sonos app. We may want to use the downloads link from our support website so we can be sure that we are downloading the correct and most updated Sonos app. You may also want to submit a diagnostic so we can further check what is going on.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,