Answered

Amazon Prime Music Cannot Play on Sonos App - Not encoded correctly, Amazon connection lost

• 1 January 2021
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I saw that this problem happened in the past (Nov) and has been resolved. However, I have tried to have SONOS play amazon music for 3 days now and could not get it to work. Music will play for a couple of seconds then stops with an error message-- “not coded correctly” or “cannot add to list”, or “amazon connection is lost”. I tried several things including re-authorize account and it did not work, May play a song or two then the same error mesg popped. 

In the meantime, play music on amazon app. seems working. 

checked and there is no service outage on amazon. 

Submitted a diagnostic request #  3847523

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 January 2021, 05:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Did you try a local network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, and while they’re unplugged, rebooting your router?

Bruce: 

Thank you for your advice. I did try it and it seems to work for play 1. for two Play 5s, I still have to constantly re-authorize amazon music on sonos app. for them to work. Otherwise, the error message will pop up after a song or two. However, I can play them on amazon music app and push to to speakers via airplay without any issue. What else might go wrong? 

Hmmm, that does seem out of the ordinary. There must have been more than one issue in the local network, and you have resolved one of them. 

But I’m at a loss to explain why you’re needing to continually re-authorize Amazon music on the controller. Are you perhaps running some sort of mesh network, and are all the Sonos devices connecting to that mesh network? 

I think it might be best at this point that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of enabling to reauthorize Amazon on the controller, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Oops, I see you have. Sorry, I didn’t go back and reread the first post again as I should have.

Still, it might be worth submitting a second one, since your network has changed after that reboot process. 

Yes they are connected to mesh network- and each close to a different mesh unit. Ok I will try to run a new diagnostic as per instruction. Thank you!

Sonos tends not to play well with other mesh networks. I’d recommend at least testing running in a wired mode, as discussed in the wired and wireless modes FAQ. See if that changes the situation at all.

Conversely, you could temporarily unplug all the extender pucks for the network, and leave only the main hub plugged in,  forcing all Sonos devices to connect to a single, rather than multiple sources. 

It’s at least worth testing, while we wait for a Sonos rep to pick up that diagnostic.