Answered

Amazon music "missing required information"

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

The process of removing the streamer, then adding it back in would include a reauthorization through the Amazon auth token server. 

Which is why I am thinking more about periodic loss of contact, rather than an auth failure. 

Userlevel 7

I’ve seen this issue raised a few times in the last few days.

I now suspect the issue is due to some authentication token between Amazon Music and Sonos that needs refreshed.

Rather than removing and re-adding Amazon Music, what happens if you just reauthorise Amazon Music from within the Sonos app?

After reauthorising, wait a few minutes before attempting to play from Amazon Music.

I’m going to hazard a guess that there is some sort of variable/random  wifi interference that is causing your speakers to lose connection with the Amazon servers. Hard to tell, specifically, but I’d start with a simple refresh of the network, and a refresh of all the various devices. Sounds more ominous than it is, simply unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices to the power.

However, it’s possible this doesn’t solve the issue, but it won’t hurt anything, either. But if it doesn’t help, submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.