Answered

Access denied to Synolog NAS server – can’t play files in one room other rooms are fine?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are you able to Update your Library?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

SMB3 and SMB1 is already enabled

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

OP can play in some rooms though so I’m not fully understanding the issue.  Unless by ‘other parts of the house’ they mean non-Sonos devices too?

However, as @Ken_Griffiths , make sure your SMB is set to V1 as the minimum allowed version.

It looks like this:

S1 App required the SMB v1 sharing protocol, so ensure the NAS is not set to v2, or higher.

I seem to recall from other posts here in the community that on the NAS box its as follows…

Goto the SMB settings under File Services, then Advanced, and then ‘Other’.  There is a setting called enable NTLMv1 authentication.  Once you do, you will get a nasty warning message about potential vulnerabilities with this aging standard.  Continue and enable the setting and it should then work.

I’m just not sure if the instructions above apply to your NAS model. If not, then maybe check the user manual and check the SMB version.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I have acces to the folders in my Office. But when Sonos i trying to play the files it says it cannot play the file because access is denied and it skips to the next file quickly and then the same error occurs.

And all other parts of my home I can play my files.

But the problem is I have not altered any settings lately. It just suddenly occurred.

Do you understand what I’m saying?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

When you say access is denied in a room, do you mean you're literally getting an error saying ‘denied’ or that you are unable to play music in some rooms but others are OK?

If one room is able to access the NAS, then your whole system has access - the speakers/rooms don't have individual ‘permissions’.