Answered

5G home broadband and Sonos connection issue

• 10 February 2021
  • 28 replies

Badge

hi all,

I have just switched home broadband to Three’s 5G service. In switching WiFi services to the new setup I have gone through the requested steps but when I plug one of the Sonos One’s into the router via ethernet cable, it simply doesn’t recognise it. I can see it’s connected when I jump into the router settings on my browser (though this happens sporadically).
I called support who said I should speak to Three about changing the router settings. This included splitting the channels into both 2.4 and 5Ghz with WPA2 security. I’ve done that now but still nothing.

FYI, I have a Playbase and two Ones set up in one room. I have since tried connecting the router to the Playbase as well without any luck.

I saw another post about changing the 2Ghz bandwith to 20Mhz and the Channel to 6 (see screenshot) but no dice.

Any help would be enormously appreciated!

icon

Best answer by leobarker 11 February 2021, 19:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

It is true that Sonos does not support wireless internet connection but that doesn’t mean it won’t work and I have done it myself. I simply don’t believe that was really the cause of the problems experienced by @STARNES and there is no logical basis for it being so.

Badge

So, it looks like we have an answer!

Spent a long time on a call with Sonos Support, who tried same issues. Also remotely dialled into my laptop to check my wifi settings. Said it was unusual that you couldn’t choose channels 1-4 on 2.4Ghz . Didn’t seem to be making any progress.

Anyway, we eventually tried a factory reset on one of the Ones. Unwired. Starting it up as a new product, new room, new wifi etc. And it appears to have worked.

I am now about to try doing the other two (Playbase and One) the same way and hopefully this will solve it. I will keep you posted!

cc: @STARNES@John B@BMF@Ken_Griffiths @

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

👍