Answered

Recommended TV for Sonos Arc

• 15 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

Hope everyone is safe and healthy! 

I just got my Sonos arc and I am in market to buy a new TV. I understand not all TVs are compatible with Sonos to give the best experience. Can you please recommend a few tv models which work well with Sonos?

There is no constraint on budget. I was thinking to get any TV with eArc, but seems like that alone also won’t solve the problem.

icon

Best answer by controlav 15 February 2021, 15:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Gary1287, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I don’t have an Arc myself, so I don’t have any personal recommendations, however any HDMI compliant TV with an HDMI-ARC or HDMI-eARC port should work with the Arc.

Hopefully by giving this thread a quick bump, some other members from the community will see the thread and be able to share their own experiences with the Arc and their own TVs :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

The better TV’s are 55, 65, 75 inches.  This table shows the models that support eARC which has just come about a couple years ago.  The better Sony models were the first models that supported eARC.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/5-1-surround-audio-passthrough

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Good luck. Correct eARC support on TVs varies widely, and compatibility cannot be determined by any manufacturer’s spec sheet. Make sure your TV supplier offers a good return policy. Take a model # that looks interesting, search this forum and the Sonos reddit for it, and see if how many problems are reporting with it and the Arc. Rinse and repeat.

By reading different forums, I am inclined towards LG OLED65CXPUA. It shows all its ports have HDMI 2.1 and it supports Dolby atmos. 
 Do share your feedback, appreciate everyone’s response here.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yes. I confirm that LG C9 and CX work perfectly with eARC and Sonos.