Answered

Recommended TV for Sonos Arc

• 15 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

Hope everyone is safe and healthy! 

I just got my Sonos arc and I am in market to buy a new TV. I understand not all TVs are compatible with Sonos to give the best experience. Can you please recommend a few tv models which work well with Sonos?

There is no constraint on budget. I was thinking to get any TV with eArc, but seems like that alone also won’t solve the problem.

icon

Best answer by controlav 15 February 2021, 15:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yes. I confirm that LG C9 and CX work perfectly with eARC and Sonos. 

By reading different forums, I am inclined towards LG OLED65CXPUA. It shows all its ports have HDMI 2.1 and it supports Dolby atmos. 
 Do share your feedback, appreciate everyone’s response here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Good luck. Correct eARC support on TVs varies widely, and compatibility cannot be determined by any manufacturer’s spec sheet. Make sure your TV supplier offers a good return policy. Take a model # that looks interesting, search this forum and the Sonos reddit for it, and see if how many problems are reporting with it and the Arc. Rinse and repeat.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

The better TV’s are 55, 65, 75 inches.  This table shows the models that support eARC which has just come about a couple years ago.  The better Sony models were the first models that supported eARC.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/5-1-surround-audio-passthrough

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Gary1287, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I don’t have an Arc myself, so I don’t have any personal recommendations, however any HDMI compliant TV with an HDMI-ARC or HDMI-eARC port should work with the Arc.

Hopefully by giving this thread a quick bump, some other members from the community will see the thread and be able to share their own experiences with the Arc and their own TVs :)