Extreme Shipping Delays - Non existent customer support

Userlevel 1
  • Contributor I
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I ordered an immersive set (arc / sub / oneSLs) on 06/04 with an estimated shipping date of 06/13. As of today (06/24) the order still shows preparing to ship but there has been no shipment. On repeated conversations with customer support I am being given the same parroted responses about system updates and with no clarity on when or how long will it take for them to ship.

Has anyone received their orders recently (socially those who placed the orders in June itself). 

It is extremely disappointing and frustrating. My two cents: Sonos should stop taking back orders since clearly it’s unable to fulfill them in time, at the least till it gets back enough inventory.

I ordered PS5 day before and it arrived today despite known supply shortages around the world. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Bubby67, can I ask what the original ship from date was on your May 31 order?

Thanks,

I ordered a Sonos Amp on April 13, 2022.  After placing my order, I was informed that the Amp was backordered, and the expected shipping date would be 06/24/2022.  Five-months later, and I am still waiting for my order - what a joke!

I have called customer services a couple of times, but nobody can give me any information.  They don’t have any idea when they can fulfil the order and they have nothing to say.  I own a lot of Sonos equipment and I wanted to begin replacing my older equipment with the current models.  However, based upon this experience (and terrible customer support), I am seriously thinking of ditching Sonos and purchasing something else.

I was an early adopter and I used to rave about Sonos.  Not anymore!  I don’t know what happened to this company, but it has become a clown show.

I ordered a Sonos Amp on April 13, 2022.  After placing my order, I was informed that the Amp was backordered, and the expected shipping date would be 06/24/2022.  Five-months later, and I am still waiting for my order - what a joke!

I have called customer services a couple of times, but nobody can give me any information.  They don’t have any idea when they can fulfil the order and they have nothing to say.  I own a lot of Sonos equipment and I wanted to begin replacing my older equipment with the current models.  However, based upon this experience (and terrible customer support), I am seriously thinking of ditching Sonos and purchasing something else.

I was an early adopter and I used to rave about Sonos.  Not anymore!  I don’t know what happened to this company, but it has become a clown show.

I personally didn’t think Sonos Customer Support dealt with customer purchases/delivery dates etc. I thought you had to contact Sonos Sales Staff via the link below instead?… 

https://support.sonos.com/s/global-sales-help

It might be worth perhaps contacting ‘Sales’ instead and see if they can assist with your issue.

A few points to add.  First, while I get the frustration, I don’t think you can fully compare supply issues from company to company and industry to industry.  There are different chips involved, different companies making the chips, different manufacturers and shippers, different volumes of orders, different commitments to supply retailers, different size of companies to throw money at the problem, etc.

I don’t know what to think of customer support.  I hear complaints here often, but I would not expect many people to log into a community  forum to say how great the experience was.  Never had a reason to call CS personally. I also don’t want Sonos to have to invest much more effort into support since that could raise prices.  I also get that CS probably isn’t given a ton of info that they can pass on to customers, since much of the supply chain has delays of unknown lengths of time etc.

I don’t think Sonos “estimated to ship” date needs to changed, because it’s just an estimate.  It’s better then “we don’t know”.  Perhaps some sort certainty factor could be added, or an update of shipping date on your specific order (don’t think that happens now).  But again, these are costs.

@HarryD June 24