Question

Where's my reindex functionality in the new app

I uploaded new mp3 files to my NAS, but I can’t apparantly reindex my music library anymore in the apps… I tried the android and ios app. I remember that in the past there was an option under system to update your library, but no longer.

So how do I reindex my music library?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Believe you have to use the desktop app currently. Sonos removed local library management from the mobile app. Hopefully coming back in the coming months. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I uploaded new mp3 files to my NAS, but I can’t apparantly reindex my music library anymore in the apps… I tried the android and ios app. I remember that in the past there was an option under system to update your library, but no longer.

So how do I reindex my music library?

Get a pen and paper out and start writing it all down?

Reindexing as in meaning that Sonos “sees” my new mp3 files I put on the NAS.

In the meantime I found a solution: I bought Sonospad on my iPad for 2 euro. That application can still reindex your Sonos music library. It’s a shame a third party application of probably a semi-hobby developer currently has better functionality than the app of the company making the hardware.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

In the meantime I found a solution: I bought Sonospad on my iPad for 2 euro. That application can still reindex your Sonos music library. It’s a shame a third party application of probably a semi-hobby developer currently has better functionality than the app of the company making the hardware.

I was being sarcastic 

I was being sarcastic 

I know… still, it’s a shame some third party app better supports Sonos than their own app.