Question

When will searching of local library return?

Userlevel 2

Any word on when the return of being able to search my own music library will be here? Pretty absurd to not be able to search a local library, or add an album at a time to the “now playing” queue.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I can’t believe this was released in this state. This app is now TRASH.

Has anyone seen any replies from Sonos to these issues on Sonos Community?  I’ve loved Sonos for years and ever since the app update, I’ve become to loathe it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The only responses I’ve read from Sonos reaps have been evasive. “Use Plex” “Use the desktop app until it goes away in a few months.”

Not looking good IMO. 

Userlevel 2

from emails to “Ceo@sonos”:

Thank you for sharing your concerns and observations regarding the recent update of the Sonos app. This revitalization of the Sonos app is our most ambitious software update yet and aims to address what our customers have been asking us for over the years. Let me assure you that we are taking the time and effort to ensure all features work seamlessly and meet both our standards and the standards of our listeners. With this commitment in mind, features such as playlist creation and queue editing within the Sonos app, sleep timers, and local library support will not be available at launch, but will be added to the app on a rolling basis over the coming months.

I acknowledge that the missing features are crucial for the proper functioning of the system, and I realize how essential they are for your usual usage. It's important to know that you're not alone in this situation, and many of our customers are experiencing similar issues. Please be assured that our engineers are working tirelessly to restore all functionalities and bring everything back to normal as soon as possible.