Question

unable to join local network

Userlevel 3

How do I fix “Sonos needs local network access for setup. In iOS settings, tap Local Network, then return to the Sonos app.”
I open the settings and local network is already ticked, I have turned it off and on again I have deleted the app and nothing seems to work 

94 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same issue. Permission is already granted, but the app keeps asking for it. Nothing about my system has changed other than updating the app to the latest release. 

Userlevel 2

I am having the same issue, Sonos Chat is not available and customer support has a 65 minute wait

Userlevel 1

same issue. ive already tried restarting the router, restarting the products, reinstalling the app (80.00.04), and removing my system from apple home. 

Userlevel 1

Any update on this $500, dollar spend and I can’t use my speakers unfortunately… 

Userlevel 3

No update still having the same issue

Userlevel 1

This worked for me in this order:
1. Reset the sonos beam 

1. Delete the app
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Install the app
  4. Follow the installation instruction
Userlevel 2
Badge

Same issue here! Tried to add a new Arc to my existing system. Just a very expensive paperweight

Userlevel 2
Badge

I guess no joy. Endless fail!

Same issue (no recognition that the network radio button is on within the app controls on iPhone 15), and reported it through the help chat (with a human not a bot). He could not help but said that engineering is working on the fix. If anyone knows a work-around, please let us know here. Thank you.

Same issue. I’ve reset my router, reset the Beam, deleted the app and reinstalled it and keep getting stuck here. 

Userlevel 2

Same issue (no recognition that the network radio button is on within the app controls on iPhone 15), and reported it through the help chat (with a human not a bot). He could not help but said that engineering is working on the fix. If anyone knows a work-around, please let us know here. Thank you.

I saw someone on another thread mention they set it up on their IPad, I tried it and I got mine to work in the interim until Sonos gets their $#!+ together.

Userlevel 1

Maybe next time they roll out a major update, Sonos should consider 24 hour support for a few days.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Another victim here.. feels like a huge fail on Sonos’ part - the fact we can’t even ‘downgrade’ to the old app is highly frustrating.

I spoke to support on Chat - they told me to call but hung on the line for 60+ minutes before giving up. Ridiculous. 

I had the same issues for several days. I tried again today for 3 hours and finally got it working by doing the following:

1. Delete the app
  2. Shutdown iPhone via Settings>General> Shut Down
  3. Open App Store as soon as the phone is switched on and download the Sonos app
  4. Follow instructions to add speaker

I am using an iPhone 15 pro max with the latest app

Userlevel 2
Badge

cheers.. tried that but didn’t work for me.

the annoying thing is the app can see my system on a ‘nearby system’ but refuses to believe i’ve granted local network access

Having same issue with  iPhone 14. Tried every different combination, no joy!

update does work on older iPad so at least can use system. This needs to be fixed!

poor update!

When I added the new app it recognized all of my speakers except the portable ones like Move and Roam. When I try to add them it continues to to be unable to find the product. I have tried every freaking suggested method including deleting the app and starting over.

Userlevel 2

Same here. This is an inexcusably, ridiculous failure by Sonos. I invested in their hardware for well over decade and thousands of dollars. The app in the network has been nothing but glitchy the entire time. It works well sometimes But mostly it’s problematic. Simply going from Bluetooth to network mode on devices that allow that is a pain in the rear. Speakers constantly dropping off. Snapping noises.

Now they can’t even release an update that doesn’t crash your system and allow and render it useless. And then they’ve got us users on here complaining for days that they can’t get attached to their system and where is Sonos on the issue? Where is their fix? Where is their troubleshooting advice etc. etc. etc. I’m tired of spending hours of my life dealing with their system. They clearly give a crap about their customers experience

Sonos.  Come on!!!!  
spent hours on this last night setting up a new amp.  The only way I got it to go on line was using an old device that I pulled out and making sure not to update it to the new app.  
What a fail.  Now I can’t get this iPhone 14 to reach the system. 
And no customer support until Monday?   Didn’t someone test this before the release?   Can you send us all coupons as payback for our wasted time? 

Same issue. I’ve reset my router, reset the Beam, deleted the app and reinstalled it and keep getting stuck here. 

Thats the one 

Userlevel 2

Talked to Sonos support. If you’re having this problem, there is no fix.  They will Let us know if they have any ideas after they get out of bed and have their coffee

This worked for me in this order:
1. Reset the sonos beam 

1. Delete the app
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Install the app
  4. Follow the installation instruction

Tried this. It doesn’t work. 

Same problem

Sooooo frustrating. Won’t connect to IPhone 14 but thankfully still connects to my old IPad. 

Sooooo frustrating. Won’t connect to IPhone 14 but thankfully still connects to my old IPad. 

Some people who’ve encountered this issue earlier, signed out and/or reset their controller (in the user Account settings area) and on next launch setup the usual 5 permissions whilst using the App etc. …

• bluetooth
  • notification
  • mic

… and it started working on their iDevices, but perhaps note it probably will not support/work with any Apple beta iOS software (if applicable) - those things can be a bit ‘hit or miss’, if running a beta operating system on the controller.